Meditation for the victims in Japan
It was exactly 3 months ago that the tsunami hit the Northeastern coast of Japan. Let us breathe mindfully, come back to ourselves and be with the direct victims of that gigantic catastrophe.
Dear brothers and sisters, please do not lose hope. We are aware that you are doing your best. Not only for you, but for your children, for your people, and also for us. We also need hope. Your courage and your compassion will help us retain our humanity and our hope. The situation is really difficult. But the world is with you. We are with you. The tsunami hit us all.
You are the flame at the tip of the candle. It is hot. That heat reminds us all that mother Earth is calling for help. And you shine the light for all of us. We need the light in order not to be drawn into the realm of darkness and forgetfulness. You are children of the Buddha, children of God. Please allow your compassion and courage to be your guide. We need you. And we try to be present for you in every way we can.
Dear brothers and sisters everywhere, please come back to your breath. Let us breathe mindfully to be aware of what is going on, and try our best to preserve our humanness.
Thich Nhat Hanh
- 24/01/2010 20:46 - Bat Nha: a Koan
- 23/01/2010 08:35 - The Indestructible Seed of Awakening
- 12/11/2009 00:00 - Rekindling the Sacred Fire: Thay’s letter to the Bat Nha monastic brothers and sisters
- 17/10/2009 12:53 - Magical Sound of the Sitar: Thay’s letter to the Bat Nha monastic brothers and sisters
- 10/10/2009 12:01 - Diamond Body: Thay’s letter to the Bat Nha monastic brothers and sisters
Last Updated (Thursday, 23 June 2011 06:18)