|Sangha - News|
Peace Is The Way - Peace Is The Way - A Century Of Nonviolent Action film series chronicles the interconnected stories of normal people, who became nonviolent beacons of light. These visionary, yet unsung Heroes used creativity, compassion, humour and nonviolent action as their “weapons”, helping to build global movements toward peace and reconciliation.
Our first film in the Peace is the Way series, “Walking with Alfred Hassler, Thich Nhat Hanh and Sister Chan Khong,” will reveal our superheroes’ interconnected and personal stories, taking you on a journey from their first meeting in war-torn Vietnam to the "Arab Spring" and Tahir Square, Eqypt, where Alfred’s ideas within the Martin Luther King comic book in 1956 have now been used again in 2011, inspiring others in their contemporary quest for social change through nonviolent action.
Life waits patiently for true heroes. It is dangerous when those aspiring to be heroes cannot wait until they find themselves. When aspiring heroes have not found themselves, they are tempted to borrow the world’s weapons-money, fame,and power-to fight their battles. These weapons cannot protect the inner life of the hero. -Thich Nhat Hanh
- 18/03/2012 07:05 - The Path of Compassion
- 06/02/2012 19:45 - Novice Ordination: Chrysanthemum
- 03/01/2012 21:35 - Awakening of the Heart
- 30/11/2011 15:33 - Monks Teach Meditation to Incarcerated Teens
- 21/08/2011 19:15 - On The Road with Thich Nhat Hanh
- 13/08/2011 09:05 - Asian Institute of Applied Buddhism
- 03/08/2011 19:59 - The Sciences of the Buddha
- 18/07/2011 21:14 - Purple Bamboo Ordination
- 15/05/2011 12:25 - Sharing the Same Flight
- 30/04/2011 17:46 - Impermanence at my doorstep
Last Updated (Sunday, 14 August 2011 19:57)